Wednesday, October 20, 2004

10/18 The 1st Monthly Exam: Take Note

It usually takes 50 minutes to hand out Ss' answer sheets, announce the correct answers and explain some of those controversial or difficult questions for the Ss. Rainbow asked Ss to note down what they had considered the most confusing key language or grammatical points. They didn't have to revise every mistake or error they made; a simple but clear note-taking would be enough. I think this is a good way to direct their attention to the frequently made mistakes and to help them have a better understanding of some critical grammatical points. For those who didn't do well on the test, this assignment wouldn't become a burden because they didn't have to correct and write down everything. For those who did a good job on the test, on the other hand, they still could note down some key language to reinforce what they already knew or clear some vague ideas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainbow said...

Dear Yu-ming
As you can see, I very rarely give students homework. When I do, I try to make it as easy as possible. Then they will do it, I suppose. My purpose for giving this assignment is to make the girls aware of their own grammar errors without boring the high-level students. Some girls did use their dictionaries and write down correct sentences in their notes, which is what I hope to see. I did not force them to do this because I think the notes are for themselves, not for me.

October 26, 2004 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home